Friday, December 30, 2005

< .
View My Stats

Up Early

I 've been up since a little after 5 am. - couldn't sleep anymore. it's about time for some more Aleve, it's the only thing that seems to work on this pain.

This pain in my chst comes from the CPR I recieved in the hospital after a morphene overdose' About a week ago I had gon to the emergency room with extreme back pain. They gave some pain killers but, they didn't seem to help. then they gave some morphene - I've had it before without any problems. Since my kidneys don't work and I had no exchanges during this time, my body can't rid itself of this stuff.

When they gave me a second dose of the morphene 4 hours later I quite literaly died in my wife's arms. She was there holding me and she said I fell over into her arms and was as stiff as a board. My breathing and heart had stopped. She told the nurse something was wrong. They called a code blue and a team worked to revive me.

They took Sue out of the room and brought a priest in to sit with her. After a while, the doctor came and told her it was a reaction to the morphene and they had given me something to counteract the morphene. They told her I was responding to the drug ans was coming around.

I was literaly dead for about 3 minutes. In doing the CPR they broke/cracked some ribs, thus the pain in my chest. They said it might take 3 months to get over it. It hurts just to breath deeply and mt ribs make a clicking sound every time I do. It's getting better with time but, it still hurts.

I want to say my Uncle got me started in this blogging thing. He has a great blog with his photography info and his pulp fiction stories. Be sure to check him out at: http://mysteryscribe.blogspot.com/ I think you'll enjoy his blog. He host a photo challenge which I and others submit our photos. It's been a lot of fun.

I will post more photos when I can get upstairs and on my main computer. right now I'm on the laptop in the kitchen.

By the way Sue is feeling a little better but, still has a terrible cold/flu. More tea and chicken soup for her!

blackjack
play black jack
my counter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home