Monday, January 09, 2006

< .
View My Stats

Sleepless in Atlanta

Its 4:30 a m and I haven't been able to get even a minute of sleep. My whole body is itching and I've got tubes sticking out of all parts of my body. My nose is stuffed up and ny mouth and throat are dried out from having to breath through them. I'm coughing almost non stop trying to get this gook out of my lungs.

My Dsd is staying with me tonight and I'm keeping him awake too. I'm sorry. He just doesn't undertstand why I just can't lie down and go to sleep. I had hoped writing some would help but, it has not.

He took me on a tour of the hospital hoping it would help but it didn't either. They can't give me anything tio help me to sleep because of the pain killer incidents. So I suffer and so coes anyone around me. I wish things were different. I know that a donor is on average about two more years away.

tomorrow, correction later today I'm going to try to go to the chapel for the 11 am Mass. I feel good enough to do this now but I'll have to see how am doing then.

If anyone is reading this blog, please give me some comments. I would really like that.

It's 5 am now and they are about to come in and take vitals, check my blood sugar and do dressing changes. I'll sign off for now.

2 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,
I am really glad to see you on the Porters Board again. We all have missed you. I know someday soon you will be doing your great postings and we all look forward to them.
You have a lot of good friends and family to support you. I know from the blog you really appreciate this.

Everyday is another day.

Ron

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice to be able to read how you are progressing. I will do whatever I need to help get you back on the PortersBoard. You know my email.

I hope and trust as does everyone that knows you that things will progress they way it is intended. You have a lot more to do yet and I appreciate you for your thoughts and input.

Get well and until then... keep writing. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home