Tuesday, July 04, 2006

< .
View My Stats

Even the Best Laid Plans....

Sunrise on White County Farm



Photographed - 7/4/06




An update on what’s been going on here. I thought the long weekend was going to be very good. Sue took Friday off after being gone the last nine days for work. She had to make about a 45 minute conference call about noon - PLAN.

REALITY -After the FIVE + HOUR call we still had time to grill out a nice mixed grill and watch a rental movie. It was Firewall with Harrison Ford – not a bad flick – very worth a rental.

PLAN – get truck Fri. afternoon at five

REALITY - My answering machine had a message that my Pathfinder was ready if I could come pick it up before 5:30. The time 6:15 – dialysis ran over by almost an hour because of a storm and power outage.
If I can’t pick it up it says I’ll have to wait until after the holidays – i.e. Wed. morning.

I have a really nice Saturday. Spend all day with Sue catching up on sleep, talking and having fun.

PLAN – get up very early Monday and go to the
N. GA mountains to take some photographs. Come home, cook out and later go to the local fireworks. (City of Cumming’s on the 3rd)
Stovall Mill Bridge - White Co., GA




Photographed - 7/04/06



Reality – Wake up sick as a dog. My day scrubbed. Sue does necessary grocery shopping. We watch another movie. The remake of The Pink Panther – with Steve Martin – almost as good as Peter Sellers version – another good rental.

Today’s PLAN – Get up early. Go to the mountains and take some photos. Cook out later and go see the fireworks.

REALITY – Don’t get up as early as plan calls for. Do get to mountains and take some photos. J Have nice cookout too. J
Go early to fireworks to get good vantage for photographing show.
Hour to go Fireworks drowned by rain – washed out. L

I’m sure you have noticed I have let my original intent of my blog slip a bit. This is due in part because of the crappy outcome of my transplant adventure a few weeks ago. I just haven’t felt up to it.

The other reason is I some how became so deluded as to think I might be able to sell some of my photos at local festivals and arts and craft shows. It might help pay for this hobby.

So, I’ve been spending some time choosing photos to print and mat.
Also I’ve been working on a web site for this purpose. Still lots of details to work out there.

I’m sure you also have noticed the short pulp fiction story I’m playing with. My Uncle and I take turns writing a page or two and try to cobble them together to make sense. It’s really kind of fun.

Regards to All,

Mark

4 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger Annie said...

What a great way to write a blog post - the plan vs the reality.

The pictures are stunningly good. I don't think you're delusional; I'll bet you can sell quite easily.

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Ggraph said...

annie.
Thanks for the nice comment. I wish I had your confidence about that. lol

Mscribe,
Still working on the next section. Has much to do this week, have to pick up the truck today. it's ready they say.

Regards to all,
Mark

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with them, Mark. Your photos are great and you should give it a try. I like the direction your blog is going and I like the short story, too. Sorry your plans and reality weren't all in sync, but when are they???

I didn't see fireworks, either. In fact went to bed a little early..smile.

 
At 4:04 AM, Blogger Neoma said...

Hi, I am in Bartow Co, way up in Northern Georgia, I just found your blog and thought to myself, those pictures sure look a lot like where I live......so I was not surprised that one was Cummings.

I lost one kidney when I was 16. So I know the pain involved. I am proof a person can live with just one kidney. I am thinking of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home