Monday, July 10, 2006

< .
View My Stats

Weekend Update

Indian Burial Mound



Photographed - 7/06





Just a little update on what's going on here.
It was pretty much a normal weekend for us, nothing outstanding.

We took one of our rides into the North Georgia mountains in search of photo ops. I was looking for another covered bridge (The Blind Susie Bridge in Lula, GA) but was unable to find it.

We grilled out and did some bird watching. We saw what we think is an Orange Taninger. Of course no camera handy, so we'll keep looking for it to show up again.

Cows - White Co.

Photographed - 7/06


Recently we had purchased a large bag of dry cat food for Miss Kitty and put it in our pantry. We found out Sunday morning it was infested with moths. a good part of the day was spent emptying and cleaning the pantry. Then it was to the store to buy all the food items we had to discard.

Tomorrow I return to Emory for more testing to see if I still could get a transplant. It's something that I both look forward to and dread at the same time. I could be OK'ed for a transplant or told I can no longer be considered for a transplant.

Hay Bales - White Co

Photographed - 7/06

Photos - These are three different fields in White Co. Near Helen, GA. The first is said to contain the remains of a Cherokee Indian princesses who leapt to her death from near by Mt Yonah.

9 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Annie said...

I'm thinking of you today as you are at Emory U.

How many Indian princesses have jumped to their deaths off mountains? It seems every site has a similar story.

When you lived in Arkansas did you ever go visit the Toltec Mounds just east of the city? They are quite similar to the mound you show on your post.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Ggraph said...

annie,
Just one. Her man was killed ina battle and rather than become the prize she jumped to her death.

On Toltec, we lived in Stuttgart for almost a year and I drove past there three times or more a week comuting to UALR. We also visited the site several times.
Regards,
Mark

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger wendela said...

I will have to catch up and read the story's installments.

Nice pics, Mark. Best to you with your appointment at Emory. You're in my prayers. Hugs for (((You and Sue))).

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Nicola said...

I keep my fingers crossed for your appointment! All the best!

P.S. Love the field photos!

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your photos are very nice, Mark. I love those 'dreamy' images. Of course you're in my prayers, as well. Keep a positive thought..smile.

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger wendela said...

(Hope all went well at Emory yesterday.)

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger Kris said...

mark, you live in such beautiful surroundings , wow!
if you'd like to share the the progress of the tests, we're all ears :)
for now - take care ,
kris

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger John said...

That's the greenest grass I've ever seen. ( The grass is always greener... ! )

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Ggraph said...

Thank you all for the comments. no results yet(it's a hospital after all)Maybe this week. LOL the pathfinder is back in the shop - for the last time I hope! Remember this is all the fault of another.

Sorry I've been so busy the last couple of weeks. I've not been at the computer as much as I normally am. Maybe later this week I can catch up on things. Sue is traveling much lately. She is fine but worn out. She says hello to all as do I.

Regards,
Mark

 

Post a Comment

<< Home