Wednesday, April 19, 2006

< .
View My Stats

Field of Dreams

Arkansas Rice Field






When we lived in Stuttgart, AR I had a 60 mile one way commute three day each week to Little Rock. I would pass these fields and be inspired by their stark beauty and wonder whose field of dreams this was? The farmer who planted and nurtured his crop. His children who would hopefully benefit from his labors. The company who would buy, mill and sell the rice to other businesses or was it just me, the one who got to see the beauty in these fields. I guess it was everyone's who came in contact with the field. Each could take away a part of the field in their dreams.

I think it's this way with many people. One may plant the seeds for his dream but others may also enjoy the fields that grow from these seeds.

I am making a new effort to see and enjoy the beauty of the simple in life. Hopefully I can capture some of this in my photos and share his with others while I still can.

I know I'm never going to have millions of dollars or invent some fantastic creation. I know I'll never be a professional photographer but I can share what I think represents simple beauty.

10 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Blogger wendela said...

Mark- Thanks for sharing. There's much beauty in things people take for granted.

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger wendela said...

P.S.- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

 
At 2:31 AM, Blogger Philipp said...

Hi! Happy Birthday! Really good b/w! Funny that there is a Stuttgart in the US as well ;-)

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Kris said...

:) whenever I pass a field of crops of anykind, dont know why I have this happy/smiling feeling inside, just makes me forget whatever things that are bothering at that moment ... funny, huh?! Nice b/w , Btw !

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Kris said...

okay this has nothing to do with the topic, just noticed you have both FZ20 and FZ30 , wow ! is it much difference? anyway, I got the FZ7 , thats all I could afford .LOL :p

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Nicola said...

Very nice photo - I like how it's in b&w! And also very nice words going with it! Thanks for sharing!!

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Nicola said...

Sorry, I forgot: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Lisi said...

hey, a late happy birthday to you...I just got back from a week in Taipei :-)

 
At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very profound. Beauty is really in the eye of the beholder, regardless the subject. There is much effort in a person's sweat, so isn't it great that many can share the fruits and he can be proud that he touched so many. With so much ugliness around us, it is a wonderful skill to be able to see the beauty in simplicity. Share what you have and be proud you touch others with it.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Me said...

Mark
I wonder what classes someone to be a professional photographer?

Is it because they are paid?

For you are - you are paid compliments about your work all the time?

Or is it because they are published - because if thats the measure - you have hundreds pubished in your rather neat blog?

Perhaps its their passion and their skill - and you know you have that also.

I am kinda thinking you are professional???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home