Friday, April 14, 2006

< .
View My Stats

Taxes II

Peanuts Drinking Water



Photographed 4/06





This is peanuts one of our pets. We call him that because of his love for peanuts. He will eat a whole bowl in one sitting. He's a thirsty little fellow. Kind of like the Federal Government drinking from my pocket it never seems to get enough!

Yes, the taxes are finally done and this year they want more. It's the first time in 10 years we owe them. I can't believe we owe them more than we've already paid but after reviewing it several times the answer was the same. We'll get back several hundred dollars from the state. This isn't a good birthday gift. Last year we got back a little more than $1,600 and I had planned to use this years refund to buy a Nikon D200. I guess it will wait until next year now. Oh well, I guess the government can use the money for the school systems to teach classes in Spanish so children don't have to learn English.

We didn't dye ant Easter eggs this year - a first. We usually always dye eggs and hide them around the house. We've both been either too tired or busy to get to it this year. Maybe tomorrow we might still get a chance to dye a few.

We now have several hummingbirds using our feeder. They're a little skidish so far this year. Last year I could stand by the feeder and they would come right up to it. They most likely will again as time goes by.

The hand hurts more now. I don't know if that's good or bad but, it is getting more blood flow to it. I can't believe I'm still suffering effects of the flu. I'm getting periods of low fevers, occasional chills and aches quite often.

Tomorrow is going to be beautiful with much sunshine and temps in the low 80's again. We'll take a short drive somewhere, maybe to the mountains or even south of Atlanta. We'll just let the truck decide where to take us.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND

2 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peanuts must be content to return to eat with you. I'll have to get my hummers feeders going tmrw. I love those wee birds! Sorry you may not get your camera this year, but you never know. I hate tax time! It is just too stressful!

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Nicola said...

Funny name for your squirrel! Good that you're done with your taxes, I still have mine to do.... Have a great weekend as well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home