Sunday, April 09, 2006

< .
View My Stats

The Cat Sleeping - Not Me

North Georgia Barns









I'm unable to sleep again. All I do is flop around in the bed like a freshly caught flounder on the hook. It keeps Sue awake and disturbs Miss Kitty too. She tries to sleep at the foot of the bed.

It's quiet here tonight. Unlike last night when we had some very powerful thunderstorms with a great amounts of lightning, wind and hail. We lost a tree in our back yard to the storm. The wind snapped it off about twenty feet off the ground. Luckily it fell away from the house and into the wooded area.

We made sugar cookies last night to carry to our friend Steve's house today. He craves sugar cookies they're one of his favorites. He lives in Decatur, Georgia another suburb in the Atlanta area. I hope to take some photographs there for the city photo section.

I'm still playing with my income taxes, moving forward ever so slowly. Eight more day to go before they're due - that's two days before my birthday, what a gift they are! If everything goes smoothly this week I might even make it to my 47th year. God, I am almost fifty. I still remember getting my drivers permit like it was yesterday and that was at fifteen. Oh well, tempus fugit as they say.

Photos for today are a couple of more old barns in the Barns of North Georgia series.

I hope everyone is having a great Sunday - Mark

4 Comments:

At 4:11 AM, Blogger wendela said...

Love these barn pics. Very nice!

A couple of days ago I had a woman telling me about her dad, nearly twice your age, going through nearly the same thing, complete with dialysis, hand problem, fistula, etc. He's 80 and got through it this past week. You will, too. We're pulling for you!

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger Kris said...

I like the 2nd pic . the fresh green against the old barn , wonderful !

50..stay young ! :p ..Good luck with your taxes !

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Nicola said...

Lovely barn photos! I know what you've been talking about - I always give up after 10 minutes, get up and try to get my mind on something else before I go back to bed again. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't... :)

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Me said...

Hi Mark

just checking in with you and Sue. Hope you are feeling ok following your treatment on Saturday.
As usual - great photos. I wish I had 10% of your skills.

Oh - and the Aloe Vera - FANTASTIC tip.

Me!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home