Tuesday, April 04, 2006

< .
View My Stats

More Test

Pecan Grove




Photographed 4/06




Ever feel like you're on a long journey, you mat be able to see the path ahead just not your destination? That's how I'm feeling now about my whole life. It's like a light fog has shrouded all the answers in my life.

The surgeon has decided now to do another procedure before modifying the fistula. I got the call this morning informing me to be at the hospital at 8 am Friday morning for the test. It involves inserting a tiny camera into a major artery and guiding it into the area you wish to examine. If they find a narrowing they can either do a balloon angioplasty or insert a stint to open that area. After this you have to remain there for four hours and lie very still so you don't open the incision site and bleed to death. Sounds like a great way to kick off the weekend - not!

Just an update on the latest. Now I must begin work on this years income taxes. A chore I was putting off until I felt better but, time is quickly running out to finish them.

7 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Blogger Kris said...

well, start your weekend earlier you have Wed-Thursday to enjoy ;)

Good luck on the tax computation..i dread it,too :s

about "wall's" ice cream - it's popular in SEA and i think here in Europe as well ..do you have them?

http://www.unilever.co.uk/ourbrands/foods/Walls.asp

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Ggraph said...

We might have it. Here it's Wells Blue Bunny ice cream. lots of flavors but not ny favorite. Bryers is my favorite. It's great ice cream, only home made can beat it.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger wendela said...

At least they have something they can do for your present problem, though it's not pleasant at all. I'm sorry you're going through this. My dad had the stint thing and it worked wonderfully. And that pecan grove is a nice shot. Could be a bit eerie, but still quite pretty. The fog fits with what you were talking about in your post. Keep a smile, Mark. You are going through enough- I say bundle up all the tax paperwork and have a tax preparer do it. I did (heaving a big sigh of relief).

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Nicola said...

Hope they can help you with your hand! All the best! Please don't remind me of the tax report... I've been trying to avoid the thought... Well, can't forever...

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Mark said...

If it is any consolation it's the same here in France....thats why I get my wife to sought out the taxes.

Good luck this weekend

Mark

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Lisi said...

Good luck to you...

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger heidi said...

Hello! Thanks for the kind words at my blog. Sorry to hear about your illness. I've had surgeries and rods and braces on my back when I was 12-14 yrs. I know chronic pain but since then I haven't taken anything truly seriously since.

Pretty much everything is crazy or funny. Like this illness you have. It's crazy. It's pretty unreal to think you have to go through all this-crazy, you know? How fair is this, really? and then to worry about money on top of all this? Someone should give you a get out of jail free card-or a "you've been through enough, you are excused" card.

Try to see and feel the light no matter where or what is happening to you.

It may be quite easy for me to say this, but I empathize with you.

Keep happy....Heidi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home