Friday, April 07, 2006

< .
View My Stats

One Thing Leads to Another

B&W Flowers in Color



Photographed 3/06





That song "One Thing Leads To Another" by the 80's band THE FIXX keeps playing in my mind.

This procedure revealed no noticeable narrowing or blockages in the arteries in my left arm or hand. That's some good news but, where does that put us? It puts us back at the hospital next Wednesday for yet another surgery. I think this will be the 8th so far this year.

This one will be to place a band on the fistula to help restore some of the blood supply to the hand. They've told me it will be an outpaient surgery if there are no problems. It's tenetively set for 3 pm. It's a little late in the day for me and it means I'll miss dialysis again. I'll have to reschedule my dialysis for sometime on Thursday.

Sue will be out of town for this one. She's going to Colorado to visit a customer with one of the sales people to answer the technical questions they can't ever seem to answer. Then she flies to Minneapolis to Cargil's headquarters for a meeting. As of yesterday they are no longer part of Degussa but, 100% Cargil. Then she'll fly home Thursday evening arriving here about 8:00 pm.

Mom and Dad will be here to take me and bring me home. The hospital requires someone other than yourself drives you home after any surgery. They're happy to help out and I'm lucky to have them be able to do this.

This is just a little update on things. It's about time for bed,. My dialysis for Friday was changed to 6:30 am tomorrow which means getting up at 5:30 am to eat and get ready. That's much too early to rise on a Saturday for an unpleasant task.

Picture for today is a flower photo adjusted in Photoshop, desaturated and spot colored. I'm just playing around with it.

Everyone have a good weekend!
Mark

6 Comments:

At 6:16 AM, Blogger Kris said...

Hi Mark!
I dont understand . If they cant find any problems with your hand,why surgery? Perhaps you can consult with other medical centre ..just my 2 cents :)

Best regards,
Kris

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Ggraph said...

Hi Kris,

I guess I didn't explain well. The prpblem is still there, they wanted to make sure it wasn;t narrowed or blocked before they adjusted the fistula. Now they know for sure that's the problem and will try to correct it.

Mark

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Edwin Sumun said...

hope you have a restful weekend too! well, as much as you can then :)

kualalumpurdailyphoto

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Nicola said...

Nice connection from the song to what you've been writing! I hope you have a good weekend too, despite everything that's happening or going to happen next week!!

 
At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mark, hate that you had to get up so early on a Saturday but I'm glad they ruled out narrowing of the arteries. You are so very fortunate to have such a loving family beside you. Your photo is very interesting and one thing always leads to another...good, bad or indifferent. Have a good tomorrow!

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger Ggraph said...

Edwin, Nicola and Karen,
Thanks so much for your kind comments I will try to have a nice Sunday. I hope you all do too. Karen did you have any damage from the storms? We lost a tree this time but nothing major. I might try to make it to the park today but I a little sore. I had a tumble in thr Hobby Lobby parking lot yesterday and I'm a little stiff still.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home