Sunday, April 16, 2006

< .
View My Stats

Our Easter Day At Home

Arizona Blazing Sun



Photographed 4/06



These are some of the plants Sue set out yesterday. I love the colors of the Arizona Blazing Sun. It caught my eye in the garden store because it was so colorful.



Georgia Blue


Photographed 4/06


It was Sue who noticed the Georgia Blue. Its a ground cover that should remain an evergreen in our area. If not the leaves should turn a bronze in the late fall/winter. It looks so delicate but you should be able to walk on it without damage to it.

Sue's Strawberry Pot


Photographed 4/06


I bought this strawberry pot for Sue last year but then we could find no strawberries to plant. We took no chances this year and purchased the strawberries as soon as they were out.








Strawberry Blossom

Photographed 4/06

Our plants already had some blooms and several small berries on them. WE got quite a few berries 2 years ago. There's nothing better on a weekend breakfast than home made waffles with whipped cream and fresh picked strawberries.

This is how we spent our Easter at home. Dinner was grilled steak and onions with rice and salad. Sue surprised me with an egg custard pie for dessert. It's one of my favorites that I can't indulge in very often.

All in all it was avery nice way to spend the day.

Have a good day.
Mark

4 Comments:

At 2:53 AM, Blogger Anne said...

I love the first flower! Looks like a sunflower...is it a variety of sunflowers?

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger Nicola said...

Ah, you have some beautiful flowers at your place now! I've never seen a Georgia Blue, I wonder if I might be able to find it here as well. Also love your strawberries!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Ggraph said...

anne,
This flower is said to grow wild in some parts of the western U.S. It does look like it should be doesn't it.

I don't know if it can be found there. you might look in some plant catalogs for it or on line.
go to this page http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/76872/index.html

Regards,
Mark

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger Kris said...

i have no idea that you have so many lovely flowers at your garden :) Good thing you tell us about steping the georgia blue wont harm it (really?) ..i always try to not step them when photographing LOL !

Hmmm..your Easter dinner sure sounds good ..Yum ! For me , been too much of meat lately. I'm full all the time even when not eating ! Got to cut meat from this week onwards and i think you should ,too :D

regards,
Kris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home