Wednesday, September 06, 2006

< .
View My Stats

Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Pets Sue








In my last update we thought Miss Kitty was much better. a couple of days later we started to notice small blood droplets on the floor I took her again to the vet (Sue was out of town) The vet did an exam and found a mass she hadn't detected before. After X-rays provided no clue they had to sedate Miss Kitty and do an exploratory on her. The vet was worried about sedating her because of her age. They found she had an intestinal blockage which had caused the bleeding and her earlier problems.

for the first time in her life Miss Kitty had to stay overnight at the vet. They wanted to keep an eye on her because of the sedation - she was throwing up and not feeling well. By this time Sue had returned and she went and picked-up Miss Kitty at 7am to get her home. For the next few day MK just slept and didn't eat. Finally she started eating a very small amount.

Now, after a week she seems to be back to her old self. Not missing a meal, begging for turkey or chicken whenever we have it.

I on the other hand haven't felt good in some time now and I'm beginning to question is this worth it. It seems like I feel bad almost all the time. I think it may be time just to give up this battle. A few months back the hospital overdosed me with morphine and I went into arrest. I remember none of this. There was no pain, it didn't hurt. They brought me back- breaking a rib in the process (CPR). Sometimes I think it would have been better just to have let me slip away no more sickness, no pain.

4 Comments:

At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark, dont give up. Sue needs you ..

take care,
kris

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Thank you for telling me/us about how you feel living with his disease, in this situation. I am so appreciative that you are willing and able to be this clear and direct, with me, with all your readers and with yourself. This is life lived close to the bone - closer than a lot of folks allow themselves to live it.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Sending you a wish for a good day today.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger wendela said...

Glad Miss Kitty's back to her old self.

Hoping and praying you feel better today, too. ((hugs))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home