Sunday, April 30, 2006

< .
View My Stats

Fresh Fruit

Sue's First Strawberry


Photographed 4/06


Sue harvested her first strawberries Saturday evening. Not many, only three but they were very sweet - a good variety.

I'm sorry for not posting as much to all of your blogs lately. I've had a return bout with the flu and for a few days could not bring myself to the computer. To top that off I added a new and rather large graphics program and had software and memory issues. I think these have now been solved, so I hope to be more timely with my post. I tried to catch up on everyone's today, sorry if I missed yours.

I'm still having to use a walker to get about but, there's improvement and I hope to be back to just a cane by this Friday. I look forward to that because the walker takes both hands making it hard to do much else. You cannot carry anything including anything to eat or drink.

Sue is in town all this week but, she has a business dinner Monday night and super early meeting the next morning. She'll have to be up and going at 5am to be there on time. She is taking Wednesday off. It's our 20th wedding anniversary. It's hard to believe its been that long. I can still picture her standing in front of the priest with her bright lilies looking so beautiful. I wish you could have seen the smile on my face!
Wild Rose


Photographed 4/06


The last photo is a wild rose that was growing by the roadside. I saw it on a recent drive. I think it was once an old home site.











8 Comments:

At 4:27 AM, Blogger Nicola said...

Wow, you already have strawberries! Are these the ones you just planted a few days ago? Amazing!

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Red is such a great energy color. Thanks for the pictures of the red strawberries and the red rose. I'm sorry to hear you've had the flu and hope you surround yourself with good red energy. Congratulations on the milestone anniversary!

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Lisi said...

HI Happy Anniversary to you two...please send my regards to Sue as well...the trout photos are interesting...

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Kris said...

the strawberries came in time for the anniversary :) Have a good time celebrating !

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger wendela said...

MMMM, strawberries! Love 'em!
Sorry to hear you've been flu-ish again. Prayers for continued strength and lotsa good stuff. How's the hand? Those praying for you out this way want to know. :)
And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY on Wednesday. Congrats, you two.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Bob said...

Bet that strawberry tasted good.

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 this time, more the next! Homegrown is the best! Again....Happy Anniversary to you both! Enjoy the day as you enjoy each others' company.

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger Ggraph said...

nicola, yes these are the very same ones. already have more too. They tasted great!

annie bb, The doctors said it could last up to two months. I'll be OK for a whilr and later it comes back for a couple of days. the wild red roses were a nice find along the roadside.Thanks for the anniversary message.

lisi, Sue & I thank you. The hatchery is an interesting place to see. The fish photos didn't turn out too well. matbe next time will be better.

Kris, thanks and we've got some more for today too.

Wendela, Yeait comes and goes about every 4-5 days and last about two days. Sue and send our thanks and hope your move will be smooth. The hand is healing slowly but, it is healing. It still looks quite frightful and is very painful.

Bob, the strawberries were great! Wish I had enough for everyone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home