Saturday, April 22, 2006

< .
View My Stats

Together

Mr & Mrs Cardinal






Sue and I have seen this pair of birds for about two years now. In the photo he watch out for her as she takes a bath. She had done the same for him moments earlier. I do believe these birds mate for life.

Both our parents had their 50th wedding anniversaries in the past month. Sue and I will have our 20th anniversary May 3rd and if Sue and I live long enough we too will celebrate our 50th in 30 years too.

I'm not saying divorce is a bad thing, It could be the best thing to ever happen, although it may seem like it at first. No one should stay in a bad marriage if there is no hope it will change. Absolutely not if there is ANY physical harm or mental abuse.

It's not to say we never have some disagreements, we do. We always manage to work them out and move forward together.

As I'm typing this with my one finger method, Sue is preping for her trip to Phoenix on Sunday and Minneapolis Tuesday evening. Isn't work travel fun? - NOT! I'm already starting to miss her and she doesn't leave until tomorrow around noon.

Just as the birds in the photos, I watch over her and she over me. We are a team together for ever. When we both were single we wondered if we would ever meet the "right' person. We were not looking at the time. It was an accidental meeting of chance but, things grew from there.



5 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are both very fortunate to have both your parents celebrating 50 years of togetherness. You are equally fortunate to be following in their footsteps. Sadly, it is not so common these days. May you celebrate your 50 yrs later in life and enjoy every minute!

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger wendela said...

What a sweet post! I have never seen cardinals in person. You and Sue, by the way, are very blessed. :)

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger Kris said...

Hi,Mark!
My eyes have little tears now reading this *blush* Your love for each other touched me. I sure would wish my relationship with my partner will be as beautiful as yours.
A funny thought just came, I wonder if this blog will be alive in 30 years ,so will read that you and sue just celebrated the 50th annivesary !!!

Best regarsd,
Kris

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Mark said...

Hi Mark
You are blessed, to find your soul mate is truly a blessing. I have been married for 23 years to Michele.She is away in Italy at the moment for only a couple of days and yet I am missing her like crazy.
Have a good Sunday.

 
At 4:49 AM, Blogger Me said...

Hi to you both. I am glad you found your soul mates - that's one perfect side to your lives....
Glad your posting - not seen an update on your site for a few days and I always get a bit concerned.
You advice on leather over PVC made me wonder if I was scaredyou have knowledge in this area or impressed!
The bird story, like your love story, is very touching.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home