Tuesday, April 25, 2006

< .
View My Stats

Fly Home

American Goldfinch



Photographed 4/06



Well, The doctor says my hand appears to be healing. A couple of more months should do the trick. That's good news, even if the whole reason I made the hour long drive to this office was to tied up for me to use. Now I have to go back again in two weeks but, he assures me they will have time for the test then. It just kills 3-4 hours of my time in the middle of the day,

Blue Grosbeak (female)

Photographed 4/06



More good news, Sue's trip to Minneapolis got put off until a later date. She'll be home in time for dinner tomorrow night. That's much better than late Friday night. I'll have to come up with some special for dinner for her and flowers of course. Lilies are getting to be hard to find around here. When we were first dating and lived in Athens, GA there was a place called Blooms of Holland. It was a great place to get fresh flowers. They had all kinds of lilies and other Dutch flowers. The last time we were there they now sell only to weddings - guess that's where the big money is,

My hip is better today, not as painful. I still need the walker to get around. It looks as if I was a little optimistic in thinking I would be back to just a cane by week's end. It's more like next week's end. They've decided to give the fistula a couple of more weeks before using it. Most likely for my hands sake.

My cleaning numbers have not been as good as they would like to see. This means I have to be hooked up to the machine at dialysis 30-40 minutes longer each time. Now it's a little more than 4 hours at a time.

Thanks for dropping by.
Mark

9 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Blogger Annie said...

This is my first time to comment here though I've looked at your site once before.

These are lovely photos today. You have captured some wildness that is hard to see otherwise. Thanks for that.

My mother-in-law was a dialysis patient and so I know how trying and difficult it is to undergo this therapy - and to wait and wait for a transplant. You have my best wishes.

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger Nicola said...

Beautiful bird shots again. You seem to have soo many different kinds there, especially the colorful ones!

I'm sorry to hear that you have to stay longer for dialysis. Can you read during that time?

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Bob said...

Lovely bird shots. I bet they need a lot of patience.

All the best

Bob

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger Kris said...

Hi! Mark,
The birds are adorable :)
So, you get to spend the weekend with Sue,then? Good to hear!
Rgerads,
Kris

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger Sam said...

Beautiful birds!!!
Sorry to hear about the extended dialysis time, I hope it's not too painful.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Hi Mark, Love the bird photos, the dinner invite is a deal.

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger Lisi said...

Hi Mark, your bird-feeder attracts such beautiful birds...and good to hear about the good news!

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Mark. Sorry to hear you are having setbacks. I will toast to your health and pray you feel better soon. I'm happy for you and Sue to have this extra time together. You have a lovely assortment of birds. I wish I had such beauty. Take care.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger wendela said...

Mark, thanks for posting the birds. We don't have such a variety near me. I think the feeder from your parents was a good gift! We're all benefitting (not just the birds). Good to hear your hand's improving. Continued prayers for better health and less dialysis time. Keep a smile. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home