Monday, May 01, 2006

< .
View My Stats

CITY PHOTO - Midway, GA

The Midway Meal House






When I started writing this post I found out something interesting. I had always thought Midway was a very small town. I mean there's Midway Elementary, Community Bank of Midway and all sorts of things with Midway in their titles but it's not incorporated as such.

Anyway, The meal house has been in the same spot since the 1920's. This structure in the photo is a new copy of the old house which was destroyed in a fire year before last. The same family has run the business for quite some time, The food is very good, nothing fancy here. The cost is very reasonable. I love to sit out on the porch and eat. They have the greatest Black Walnut Cake I've ever tasted. It's worth the trip alone!

2 Comments:

At 1:46 AM, Blogger Kris said...

judging by the numbers of cars parked outside , am sure the food are good!

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger Nicola said...

Sitting out on the porch and have a piece of the "Black Walnut Cake" sounds like heaven :).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home