Thursday, September 14, 2006

< .
View My Stats

MY LIFE AS A MOVIE...Doctor's Visits

THE GOOD





The good news is my brain is still working and I know my name, all three of us do.

The fistula in my left arm looks good and is now ready to use. I guess I start either this Friday or Monday depending on how long it takes the unit to set up for it.

Then in two weeks the cath will come out of my chest and full showers will again be possible.


THE BAD



The bad news is the problem the original fistula that caused the diminished blood flow to my hand has caused an unwanted result.

It seems now I'm going to lose only the non-essential fingers on that hand. No more pistol twirling with that hand and maybe a little slower on the draw too.




THE UGLY

The uglyeulogy news is I never was aware I had any non-essential fingers on either hand! Much less any desire to "lose" them.

I guess that means I'll get to keep my middle finger which is good. I think I may have much use for it in the future in communicating with a few of my doctors.

7 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Blogger Meg said...

In spite of all, you haven't lost your sense of humour yet!

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger wendela said...

Oh, Mark, I was so sad to hear of this- but very amused by your great sense of humor. I never knew any fingers were "non-essential", but sure am happy you'll have full use of a very important one. :)

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger wendela said...

PS I think I can almost hear the theme music in the background, a la Hugo Montenegro. Cool images. :-D

 
At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, in the big picture, all is well? I'm glad you can see and feel the humor. Love the pictures! I'm hearing the music, too.

Keep up the spirits!

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Wow, you about said it all, the good, the bad and the ugly. And shared the good,bad and ugly news with the rest of us in a way that let's us hear it, really hear it.

 
At 1:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

like meg said, keep up the sense of humor. hope to hear from u soon, mark :)

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Ggraph said...

Thank you all for your comments. My lack of posting lateiy has been due to a bug Sue & I picked up while waiting to be seen in the emergency room( my knee was messed up in an accident) We both spent the last couple of days between the bed and the bathroom. It's interesting how you can feel so bad and then all of the sudden your OK again. We both felt better within a couple hours of each other.

Sue is in Ohio today at the jelly king - Smuckers. She'll be back later tonight.

Happier news and photos tomorrow, I promise even if it is the day I see the"chop" surgeon.

Love to all,
Mark

 

Post a Comment

<< Home