Friday, October 27, 2006

< .
View My Stats

The Waves

North Georgia Creek



Photographed 10/06


It's the waves. That's why I can't swim to safety on the warm beach. It's a rip tide! No matter how hard you swim, you just exhaust yourself. This is where I am now.

It's all the little things piling up to drag me under. I keep looking for something, a piece of wood, a discarded cooler, something t help me stay afloat. The waves are relentless just as life itself is.


Yes, this was the week we had planned to drive the Blue Ridge Parkway taking in the great fall colors and sites of the North Carolina and Virginia mountains. Sue had taken off from last Friday the 20th until the coming Monday. We had even reserved a mini-camper van for the drive. We were going to take our time and stop when and wherever something caught our eye. I was going to take hundreds of photographs but, this was not to be.

We ended up at home. Me, in a wheelchair and Sue taking care of me. Oh, that's right I forgot to mention I got a terrible case of the flu on Monday and have been in bed most of the week, We went for a short drive Sunday and I shot 8 photos. The one above is one of them.

Bear with me here but, I have to say this again. Sue is the greatest gift God could ever have given me. She is smart, strong, witty and forever beautiful to me. I will love her unwaveringly until the last passes from my body.

6 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Blogger Annie said...

That's a very powerful metaphor, the rip tide that has caught you up in its grip. I've been watching for your return to blogger and am glad to "see" you back again. I hope the flu flees soon.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Gudl said...

It is great that you can say that your wife is a true gift from God and YOU are a gift to her! Love is a powerful thing. I hope you will feel better real soon. My prayers are with you.

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger Ggraph said...

annie,
Thanks for your visit and comments. Yes. it's been a while since I've felt like writing and making any comments. They have added a day to my time at the clinic (now, Mon, Wed, Thur & Fri) for the next several months until the larger guage needles can be used and the flow rate increased to allow nore efficent cleaning of my blood.

My free time is less and if you add a doctor's visit or two to the mix - well you can see what happens. This already makes me tired and the flu on top of things just makes it harder.


Gudi,
Thanks for still reading. Sue is a gift from God. He placed her here with so I wouldn't be here to face this alone. he also gave me very loving and caring parents, relatives and friends in which I include you all.

Thanks to all,
Mark

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Annie said...

I can only imagine how four times a week on dialysis would make a huge dent in your blogging time. Does it tire you for hours after each dialysis?

 
At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto on what everyone has said here, Mark. Hang in there and the waters will calm again.
As God gave Sue to you, He has given you to her and he always has a plan.
I hate that you missed this journey to the mountains, but I'm glad you were able to get out some and this image of the stream is gorgeous! Get well and take care!

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Kris said...

mark,
this photo is peaceful and quaint. You'll go on another trip soon, i'm sure. I have been stalking your blog silently. I dont know what I can but to take good care and stay positive!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home