Wednesday, October 04, 2006

< .
View My Stats

The Ocean Voyage of Life







My life is much the same as an ocean voyage. At one moment I'm riding on the crest of a wave, the nest slamming down into its trough. It a continuous cycle of momentary highs followed by body jarring lows. Somehow I've managed to stay afloat and keep my head just barely above the gritty salt-water.

THE CREST
This weekend I was atop one of those waves. I got to take my first real shower in NINE months. I didn't even realize it had been that long until I looked back to when this three foot long plastic tube was out into my chest. It was a real head to stump shower that lasted until the hot water gave way.

THE TROUGH
I came crashing down after realizing my knee injury wasn't getting better. I thought it was better but after the weekend my leg was so swollen I couldn't get my prosthesic leg on. I've been using a wheelchair since last week. As a mater of fact I'm The new owner of it.

I've got an appointment to see the guy who fixed my hip fracture about three years ago. He did a great job and I've never had trouble with it. I was lucky to get him too because it was by chance he was in the hospital when they brought me in. So, I guess I'll see what he thinks and go from there.




Some more birds from our feeder

6 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Oh, that must have been a delicious experience - the first real shower in 9 months. I hope you soaked it up!

Best wishes for help from the guy you've worked with before.

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The birds are awesome!!!!
Jamie

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger wendela said...

Shower must have been great! Good to see you're hangin' in there and still taking some nice shots. :) Let us know how the visit goes with the guy who fixed your hip. Thinking of you!

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger Kris said...

Hi, Mark,
best wishes and keep us posted
Take care!

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Your photographs are wonderful; my favorite kind of bird.

Have my fingers crossed for you, and since I'm a believer in passing on energy, I want you to know that after I finish this, I'm going to light a candle in your honour. I do this regularly for friends who need some positive thoughts and energy. It's my kind of prayer. Take care.

 
At 3:37 AM, Blogger Ggraph said...

Thank you everyone for your comments. Things have kept me quite busy here but, I'm going to try to catgh up on everything.

Best wishes to you all,
Mark

 

Post a Comment

<< Home