Thursday, March 23, 2006

< .
View My Stats

The Blue Funk

Struggle

The blue funk, that was a favorite term of a friend of mine that worked at the newspaper with me. Yesterday I was in a blue funk. When I got up I didn't feel very well. It was nothing particular, just an overall " I don't feel good" I really wanted to go back to bed and sleep the day away but, I knew that was impossible it was a dialysis day.

Sue fixed me some toast before she left for work but, I wasn't really hungry. I nibbled at it and after a couple of hours I managed to finish two pieces of it. Mostly I lay in bed, resting and watching TV. I made my way into the kitchen about 11:30 and heated up leftovers for lunch. By this time I was feeling a little better. That was until I saw the stack of bills that I needed to pay. It was the usual monthly bills plus a mountain of doctor and lab bills.

The thing about these bills is I never even saw half of the doctors. They might have spent two minutes looking at an x-ray or some test results but, sure enough, long enough to bill you several hundred dollars which they say is past due. That's odd considering it's the first statement you've received, Then when you take a closer look, it's from a procedure you had done 6 months ago. It says you insurance has not paid and you are responsible for the balance. Now you have to go look up insurance EOB's to find out why they didn't pay. Oh. Yes right there it is. They are waiting on more information from the doctor before they pay. Before long, I have a headache and it's time to go to dialysis.

It seems like for me life, even the simple things, has become a struggle. At times I have trouble holding my head above the ever rising waters of life. I feel it might be easier to let go and slip under but, each time I struggle back to the surface.

As most of you know, we have had problems uploading photos the last few days. I had some more photos for the Turner Field post that I'll try to put up later today.
First I have to work on some bills and if my head doesn't explode I post them.
Have a good day! I'll try to also.

2 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger Me said...

Dear Sue and Mark

Hang in there - your lives do seem unbearably troubled at the moment - and I hope that a more pleasant solution is somewhere in your destiny.

Again some gorgeous photos - its a real talent you have there.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Kris said...

having the blues..donT let it get to u. Sometimes i feel depressed for no reasons. I hated it ;however I know if i dwell further, its not going to help anyone. Be glad that you can pay the bills ;))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home