Friday, March 17, 2006

< .
View My Stats

Destination Unknown

Tracks

Photographed 11/05 Train tracks that run through the center of small town of Bufford, Georgia


Where are we headed and when will we get there? I guess from time to time we all ask ourselves this question. I know I have been asking it quite a bit lately. Still I've found no answers. I feel like I'm on a track just polling along, not sure where I'm headed or if I'll even make it to the next stop. Is it the end of the line for me? I'm not sure all I can do is keep moving and hope for the best.

I think we've decided to go to Watson's Mill State Park near Comer, Ga tomorrow. The park has the state's longest covered bridge. It should make for some nice photos. I shoot them in the 8 megapixal raw format In case I decide to make very large prints. Kodak on line had their large 20x40 posters on sale for half price last week. They did a really nice job on some floral images I sent week before last. If you sign up with them they'll give you 10 - 4x6 prints free.

This will also give us a chance to go through Athens, Ga. The home of The University of Georgia - GO DAWGS!! and the place where Sue and I met. It has changed greatly from the small college town we knew. A few old haunts are still there but, most are now gone. I'll try to get a few shots of things there, maybe the double barreled cannon for one or the tressle from the R E M album cover. I had graphic design classes with those guys. We used to listen to them for free at the old Stichcraft mill back then.

After that we'll just drive around some - destination unknown.

2 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger jagannath rao said...

Please keep up the wonderful spirit and the beautiful photographs.Best of luck and God be with you

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Ggraph said...

The only thing done was to resize and a slight increase in contrast to get the colors you see.

Mark

 

Post a Comment

<< Home