Tuesday, March 14, 2006

< .
View My Stats

Mom's Flowers

Stone Mountain Park

Much to cover today, first is my Daily City Photo. It's of the carving on the side of Stone Mountain. It's a memorial to the Confederate States of the American Civil War. The carving itself is what's amazing. It's hard to get a sense of its size even if viewing it in person. On one occasion, I think it was in the 1930's, a picnic table for 40 guests was placed on the shoulder of Robert E. Lee.(figure in foreground) The depth of the relief is deceiving. The park used to be owned and operated the state of Georgia. Operations were turned over to a private company about twenty years ago because of the cost of maintains the park. I think this was a huge mistake. The park lost it's charm and peaceful setting and became like a roadside tourist trap. If interested you can find out more on the park at:http://www.stonemountainpark.com/

Mom's Flowers I

These next three photos are of flowers from my Mom's garden. My dad was trying out the digital camera and printer we gave them at Christmas last year. Mom has always had many beautiful flowers for as long as I can remember. She really enjoys working in the garden whether it's flowers or vegetables she's happy.

Dad did a good job on the photos as a novice. lol He loves the computer and gadgets, so the camera was a great gift. He uses for photos of construction too. He teaches classes on residential building at the local college.

Mom's flowers II

As for me, I've had better days. I had trouble doing what used to be a simple task. Buttoning my shirt proved impossible for me. I have to wear a button style shirt on the days I go to dialysis so they can access my site. For now that's a main line just below my neck in my chest, It'll become a little easier once the fistula in my arm is ready to use. My dexterity has suffered from my diabetes, the long hospitalization and TIA (mini stroke). It;s so frustrating, I just want to scream! Besides all that my day was O.K. - not much different than any other day,

Mom's Flowers III

Sue's day wasn't much better. The meeting facilities were very nice but the traffic coming home was terrible. She measured the distance from our house and it was 72 miles. The speed limit is 70 MPH, so you would think it would take a little more than an hour. She left at three in the afternoon and didn't get home until 6:15 that evening. Now that's Atlanta traffic. She has got to go back today too. She is leaving at 6:00 AM just to be sure she's there at a reasonable time. It means she will get up around 5:15 AM to shower and dress.

The weather prediction for this weekend calls for crappy conditions - cold and rain with little sunshine. I don't know what we'll do. Usually we try to get out and take a little ride so I can look for things to photograph. I'm always looking for old barns but they are getting harder to find. I sure we'll find something but I guess grilling out is off too.

1 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger Denton said...

The Stone Mountain laser show actually brings the carving to life. I was amazed and a little unsettled the first time I saw it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home