Monday, March 06, 2006

< .
View My Stats

Questioning Americans

Sue's Willow












Sunrise From My Front Door
I drove myself to dialysis and back today. It was an easy drive - no problems. I thought I'd take a minute before dinner to jot down a few thoughts about some current events in the news.

I see where the U S Army is now going to launch a criminal investigation into the death of Pat Tilman, ex- NFL star, Army Ranger. I wonder what he'd have to say about all this? He seemed to be the kind of man we all would like to be. He gave up a lucrative career in the NFL to do something he felt was more important than making money - to serve his country. I don't think he would be second guessing, finger pointing or trying to assign blame for his death. He was a soldier and he was fighting in a war. People get killed in a war. It's the nature of the business.

We as Americans have become obsessed with trying to assign blame for everything that doesn't go exactly as planned. It's tearing us apart as a people and a country. It'll cost untold amounts of money and time that could be better used where it could make a difference. In this case and so many others like this, in the end, it will change nothing.

This is all about politics and money. See if I can make a name for myself. See how much money I can get someone to pay. The lawyers and politicos will be the only ones to come out on top of this witch hunt.

it's my opinion, that Pat would be saddened by this turn of events. He did a noble thing in serving his country. That should be the memory of Pat we are left with, not a long and drawn out politically motivated investigation to satisfy the egos of others.

That's the way I see this as an average American and it makes me a little sick at my stomach.
Does anyone else feel the same way or am I that far off base? Comments.

Back to a lighter side - The Mysteryscribe finished his last bout of short fiction. It was quite good. Try to read it if you can at:
http://mysteryscribe.blogspot.com/ I hope he'll be able to use "Mike" again in a future story. He was a great character.

Photos for today - Sue's willow tree
and a sunrise from our front door.

1 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, in time of war, accidents happen. Unless someone intentionally shot him, which no one believes happened, it was an accident!! Digging into it won't change anything, but I can understand his family wanting to know the real facts. Again, it wasn't what happened, but the possible coverup that will cause. the problem.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home