Thursday, March 02, 2006

< .
View My Stats

Sunset Illumination

Flower Illuminated by Sunset













I'm trying something new. The illumination of my subject flowers by the light of a sunset. So far, I've been pleased with the results. I love the way parts of the flower is highlighted and how shadows encompass other areas. Smaller highlights on the leaves add a positive effect. I think many objects would benefit from this lighting scheme.
What do you think? Leave me a comment.

It's about time for the local nightly news and I want to see it to get the weather report for tomorrow - like there really going to get it right. lol So this is a very short post. More tomorrow and maybe some more sun illumination photos,


Lily at Sunset
I

2 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Blogger mysteryscribe said...

you better be careful youll be chucking that digital and joining the one negative a day crowd.
I like the lighting on the flowers almost every photographer fall in love with window light. I am doing some thinking about setting a tall table by my windows in the old studio to make them my back light at least. I have them frosted from the days when I had brides changing in there .

Nice work on the flowers. Tell me how many shots did it take to get that light and how many repositionings.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Tiger lilies are my all time favorite but these will do nicely!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home