Sunday, March 05, 2006

< .
View My Stats

FREE WEEKEND

North Georgia Barn VII
The "Barns of North Georgia" series continues, as I was able to find a few more this weekend.


All in all it's been a very good weekend so far. On Saturday, Sue and I did most of our shopping and some picture taking. Later, in the evening, we rented the DVD movie " Must Like Dogs". It wasn't bad for a chick flick - kinda cute.

Today, I drove for the first time in over two months. I didn't have any problems driving, just a little trouble getting in the truck. It took me a little longer than normal or what it used to take me to get in.
I'm sure even this will come back in time.

Sue got me a new lamp today. It's for working with my coins, so I can see hem better. It's one of those with a fluorescent tube and built in magnifying glass. I should work very well they are very popular because we had to go to a couple of stores before we could find it in stock.

Sue has cooked for me all weekend. Yesterday, it was t-bone steaks for dinner and tonight it was home made meatloaf and macaroni and cheese. She baked sugar cookies last night too. She also made me a gingerbread cake (one of my favorites). I'm going to miss this when she goes back to work on Monday. It's so easy to get spoiled!

Mom and dad are coming back this week to take me to my doctor's appointment down at St Joes. It's a big help because without them taking me I'd have a really long walk from the parking area to his office. I'm not sure I'd be able to make it very easily. This time it's to see Dr, Sanchez the neurologist. I started with him about a year ago after I had the TIA(a mini stroke) most likely due to a heart cart procedure. The TIA came the day after the cath.

All in all it's been a really good weekend for me. It was great to be here with Sue all weekend and not be hooked up to something. Thing are looking up right now but,there's still a long way to go, so I'll stay guardedly optimistic about the future.
Physical therapy and dialysis on Monday as usual. Tuesday is Dr Sanchez. The first couple of day are going to be busy. I need to find time to update and work on my web site. http://photolife.4t.com/ It's still a work in progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home