Monday, March 20, 2006

< .
View My Stats

A Memorial

Stone Chimney

Photographed - 3/18/06






This old chimney serves as a memorial to the people who built and lived in this house. It's the only part strong enough to withstand the tests of time and nature,

What will I leave behind as my memorial? Will it be able to stand against the test of time? Will people remember me - does it even matter? Maybe what others think of you is important now but, when you're dead - give me a break! You will not know what others think of you and at that point you will not care either.

What's the point to all this? The point is to be good to all your friends and everyone you meet now and all the time. You might not get a second chance or have the luxury of time to start later on. Your friendship and kindness will be your memorial that will stand the test of time.

On another topic, my City Photo for today may be changed due to nasty rainy weather. I don;t want to stand out in the rain today. If it slows down a bit, then maybe I'll get something. If not it'll be some old Atlanta shots.

2 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Blogger Gopalan Ramasubbu said...

Hi Mark,
Thanks for visiting my blog.All your pics are so cool.About u r illness, i would suggest u to practice Yoga.Which will give u all the mental and physical strength to overcome u r illness.U might wanna check this out,

www.artofliving.org

Cheers
Gopalan

 
At 8:41 PM, Anonymous wendela said...

Years later, now that you're gone, I look back and see this, remembering you. You really are missed, Mark. I'm passing forward your thoughts. You were right-it matters how we are NOW to those around us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home