Saturday, December 01, 2007

< .
View My Stats

Drifting & Disappoinyments

To Ron and Photobabe, thanks for reading and your comments. As far as Porters goes, I still stop in every now and then but I haven't taken any photos in some time so have very little to contribute. My eyesight is still poor and with these new seziures I just don'y feel like doing much. I was in the emergency room twice this week (once via 911 and ambulance)



Sue and I did go to the show at the Pickneyville Community Center again this year. It was terrible! They had new organizers and it sucked. The price almost doubled,. Last year the vendors were given a goodie bag containing some candy and snacks and a Christmas ornament - this year nothing. The food service very limited, no fries only chips with main selections of a hotdog, chicken fingers (ice cold) and chili.



Traffic was nonexistent. No postcards were sent out this year advertising the event. I sold 2 matted prints, 2 note cards and a single postcard and those were to other vendors at the show! We will not go back next year and from what I was hearing neither will most of the others.

As for me, other than the seizures my rye sight seems to have gotten worse not better. Y am at a loss and it kills me just having bought all this new camera equipment and not being able to use it. I pray it will change, I miss taking`photos

8 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry I haven't been by recently. Like you, life has been kicking me down just lately but I am hoping 2008 will bring good things!

I am sorry to read about your seizures and pray that you will get to use that new equipment real soon.

I promise in 2008 I'll pop in to see you much more regularly.

My love to you and Sue,

Natalya xx

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,
As we used to say in days past:
"Keep the faith, bro."
We miss you at Porter's.

Michael Rossi

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your note. We certainly do miss you . BTW we do have a new look to the Porters Board so if you get a chance we would love to see you come by.

I am always thinking of you and your struggles and I pray that they someday will stop causing you so much pain and sorrow. Be well my friend

Ron

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Pat said...

Hi Mark!

I'm also apologizing for not being around lately. My life took a big "right turn" and my blogs got put on the back burner.

I might be getting married so lots to figure out and discuss as I may be moving to the USA from Canada!

Please keep in touch, Mark. I never cease to remember you in my prayers and Sue too!!!

Love

Pat

 
At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hang in there son as always my thoughts are with you even if I don't comment often.

charlie....

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger deacon said...

I am charles Gurkin Marks uncle. Some of you know me most don't but I'm sure Mark would want you to know that at 2am Sunday morning his suffering ended. Mark is with his God as I write this.

He passed away peacefully in his sleep. Please pray form Mark and his family.

He will be missed by all those us who came in contact with him. The world is a little more empty today.

MARK: YOU ALWAYS FOUGHT THE GOOD FIGHT. NOW YOU CAN TAKE WARRIOR'S REST IN THE ARMS OF YOUR LOVING GOD.

UNCLE CHARLIE

 
At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, I'm so sad as I read this message. I truly am. I was looking forward to having a telephone conversation again with my dear friend Mark.

Sue, PLEASE accept my condolences and please, please keep in touch.

Mark's friend AND YOURS in Guelph, Ontario...

Pat

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It didn't post as my name and I don't know why, Sue.

Please email me. patzscottā‚¬@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home