Saturday, May 06, 2006

< .
View My Stats

Aftermath

Chipping Sparrow


Photographed 5/06

Well, I'm trying to break out of a depression. I just haven't felt like doing much lately. Today it's sunny and I'm not feeling sick, I think the flu is finally done with me.

Sue decorated the table with very colorful balloons on Wednesday while I was at dialysis. It was a beautiful, festive sight to come home to. It was such a nice touch and a great surprise.

Chipping Sparrow


Photographed 5/06

I think I got depressed later, after realizing how much we used to be able to do and now how I've limited us. I miss being able to go walking in the mountains or go along with Sue on some of her trips. Often she would take days off after a meeting and we would visit sights near by. All that's out right now. No more trips to the beach, no surf fishing. I guess it's so hard because I used to be so active and I have been reduced to this.

I keep hoping things will improve but, I know things will never be the same or close to what they were. I try to adapt but, it's getting harder with each new setback. I so much want Sue to be happy and have a good time in life. I should have done something about this a long time ago.
Tufted Titmouse


Photographed 5/06



The photos are of birds at the feeder I got as a birthday gift from my parents. It is very busy in the mid morning and around dinner time.

8 Comments:

At 4:48 AM, Blogger Kris said...

Hi, Mark! I think Sue is happy as long as she is with you. is there any support group that you can go to?
Btw, I love all your birds shots :)
Regards,
Kris

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger zdenka pregelj said...

Beautiful shots!

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger Mark said...

Hi ya Mark, I hope you are feeling better today.Stay strong!!!It will get better,say hi to Sue.
Love the birds.
Regards
Mark

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger Nicola said...

Lovely bird shots again. I hope you feel better, as well. Unfortunately, life isn't always like a piece of chocolate, but sometimes it is :). I guess, it's the little details we need to pay more attention to and be happy about them. I know, it's always easy in theory...

Wish you all the best!

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger wendela said...

Hey, Mark, hope you are feeling better all around: physically and everything else, too. I agree w/Kris: I think Sue's happy as long as she's with you. Hope your day is great.

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Depression is a sneaky thing. We are on top of the world one day and the next we can't relate to it. It doesn't take much to make one sad, but by the same standards it doesn't take much to bring you back to the top. A touch, a word, a special feeling is all it takes. I'm sure Sue is right where she wants to be, so don't let thoughts of the past haunt you. Live for the present and enjoy every day doing what you can do. After all, it's really all any of us have.

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger somebody said...

Hi Mark
This is my first visit to your blog and I think your pictures are great! I really do hope that you are feeling better today - Try to stay positive, it does make a difference.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Lisi said...

Mark, how are you these days?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home