Friday, May 19, 2006

< .
View My Stats

Learn to See

Blue Iris

Photographed 5/06

Today wasn't the best day I've had in a while. I had two unexplained episodes of very low blood sugar. These are very stressful on the body and leave you feeling very washed out.

Then on the way to see the surgeon about my hand, I became so sick I had to turn around and come home. Overall not such a good day. Other than that I am improving. I'm back to using just a cane to walk and some limited driving too. Maybe two more weeks and I'll be back to where I was before this last setback.

Sue is well. She's got some more meetings in Minneapolis next week and the new company wants her to make a presentation in Cleveland next week too. So she is staying very busy right now.

Last Saturday we went for a ride in the North Georgia mountains. That's where this photo was made. It was a single blue iris in front of a large stone building at Neel Gap along the Appalachian Trail. I used to hike this section quite often. The building is rather like a large lodge. It was built by the CCC in the early 1930's and is quite charming' It serves as a hikers rest point along the trail with bathrooms,showers and a small store for supplies.

It just goes to shown you beauty can be found everywhere, you just have to strive to find it.

1 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger Nicola said...

Glad you're feeling a bit better! Lovely photo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home