Saturday, December 16, 2006

< .
View My Stats

ON THE RISE

Hawk



PHOTOGRAPHED 12/06


To all my friends, for the next month or so I will only up-date my blog about every week. This is due to the healing process of my hand. I do have some good news there. It is healing well and the bandaging is less
The down side to this is I’m forced to look at it more. In all honesty it wouldn’t look all that bad (if it were someone else hand we were talking about). I know in time I’ll get used to it however. . I want to thank you all for your comments and support. It helps to keep me going.


CRAFT SHOW UPDATE

I attended my 1st craft show Dec 2nd. The location was very nice and the set-up people were very friendly. This show was put on by the parks & recreation center of Gwinnett Co. It lasted from 10 am to 4 pm and the turn out was small. Many vendors had very few or no sales. I did manage to sale 4 framed prints and a set of note cards – not bad for a start I guess. I did learn a few things too so it was a good learning tool. I have gotten 3 Internet orders since the show – 2 for note cards 6 sets and 8 sets. Here was also an order for 13 small prints and one 6x8.

Sue just finished jetting around the North America in the company’s corporate jet. When I asked her how it was she said it was nice to see how the big guys lived but it was still a plane. Sue has come to really dislike flying. It stresses her out.

We had her birthday Dec 12th; her parents came up for a few days from Orlando to visit. She enjoyed getting to see them and we had a really nice visit with them.

That’s about all for now. I saw this hawk at the entrance to the subdivision the other day. It was sitting in a small tree only about 8 feet off the ground and 15 or 20 feet from the road so I snapped this from the truck window. It’s not the greatest photo but I was afraid to get closer or use a fill flash and spook him. It’s really unusual to see one perched this low to the ground.

5 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice photograph and it's even nicer to hear from you again!
Jamie

 
At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark, it is great to see you back online! I like your hawk and what a catch so close up! I hope your hand heals faster than you expect and congratulations on your show and after sales!

Karen

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger wendela said...

Sounds like the sale/show went well. Good to hear you're doing better. We'll wait 'til whenever you're up to updating again! Nice hawk pic taken from the truck! :)

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Annie said...

I know you like birds a lot. Today I watched the movie/documentary, The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill. Have you seen it? If not, I am pretty sure you'd really like it.

Congratulations on the sale, at the craft show as well as via the Internet, of some of your work. I knew it would sell, remember!!!!

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger wendela said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home