Thursday, December 28, 2006

< .
View My Stats

UPDATE

Tree in the Fog





Hello friends – just an update to let you know what’s going on…I’m still doing the blog…Sue is typing this one for me and may be typing the next few because my eyesight has become blurred…we think this is due to medication I am taking …but I cannot see to type ….will be going to the Ophthalmologist on Tuesday – hope and pray things work out okay…

We had a nice Christmas….Sue’s parents came before the holiday for her birthday – we had a nice visit – Sue was happy to get to see them. My parents came after the holidays and some old friends we haven’t seen in over 7 years dropped in…it was nice to see how their children had grown. They now operate and own a nursery in Greeneville, TN.

Other than eyesight, things are improving. I’ve got the shrinking down in my leg so that I can wear my prosthetic. I’m having a new pair made and hopefully will have them by the end of Jan. I’m learning to walk again!

I want to thank you all for keeping up and reading my blog. I know I haven’t been visiting your sites very often – things have kept me busy and now w/ my limited eyesight – I have not been able to visit. Hopefully soon I will be back at it.

Wishing you the best for 2007….

6 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger Lisi said...

I'm glad that you had a good Christmas and wish you and Sue a happy and healthy 2007! Keep up the good spirit!

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Foopa said...

Thank you! and I hope you are having a Great New Year! This is the first time I have read your blog and I really appreciate the thoughts and feelings that you have expressed throughout. I am also a diabetic with ESRD and have been on CAPD since March of last year. It has been successful so far, thank God. I started the process for a combined transplant last fall but quit when I got to the pre-registration. I had feelings that I just didn't know how to deal with. I am thinking about it again and trying to work through my issues. I am an introvert and don't usually express my thoughts and feelings to anyone but I associated with the thoughts and feelings that you described so well in your blog that I feel like you have expressed them for me. Thank you again! I would like to correspond by email if you have the time.
Gary
ggheideman@gmail.com

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger wendela said...

Mark, glad to hear an update from you and Sue. All the best to both of you for 2007. We're all pulling for you!

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Ggraph said...

Peggy,
Thank you for reading my blog; it was a nice welcome home. I’ve been in the hospital again (last three days) and had just retuned home to find your entry.
I’m so glad to hear that things are going well for you now and I hope and pray this trend continues for many decades to come.

I would like to say hello to a new friend, Gary. He is wrestling with the decision about a transplant. We have exchanged e-mails and I am finding out there are many of us out there with this combination of problems – ESRD and diabetes and share many of the same thought, feelings and pains in our lives.
All I can say is keep up the fight and live one happy day at a time.

This blog, my family & friends and my photography have helped me keep going. It’s been therapeutic for me to get my feelings out. I thank everyone for reading and taking an interest.

Mark

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger wendela said...

Hope things continue to improve. Let us know when you can. :)

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Pat said...

Mark, what a wonderful photo. I love the light and colours and the outline of the leafless tree is superb.

I'm so happy that your wife helped you type when you couldn't see.

My prayers are with you guys from up here in Canada.



Pat's Photos and
Guelph Daily Photo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home