Friday, February 17, 2006

< .
View My Stats

A Temporary separation


Sue at History Day in sepia

Sue has been out buying some items for her trip to Greece tomorrow. She needed some walking shoes and a small supply of treats to snack on when she doesn't like the local fare. I hope she'll enjoy this trip. I know it's business but she will have some time to sight see too. Right now it's fairly cold there. The high today was in the low 40's and lows in the 30's. It should warm up later to have highs in the upper 50's to lower 60's. Much better for looking around.

As I sit here I realize just hoe much I'm going to miss her while she's gone. She really is my best friend that I share everything with. I'm glad she's getting to go. She needs a break from all the troubles I have caused in her life with my illness. She has been here for me through everything and had worried about me excessively. I often try to reassure her but, she still worries. She loves me so much and I love equally as much. We really do fit together meshing on almost every level.
We can often finish each others thoughts or know what the other is thinking just by a glance.
I am truly a lucky to have her as my wife and partner.

My Mom and Dad will be coming back to spend time with me while Sue is away. They have been very helpful during this time. I know they want to do whatever they can to help but I feel bad that they have to spend so much time away from their own home. I am thankful for their help. I may not have always shown it though. I sometimes raise my voice to them because I become irritated with them. This especially true with my dad. It may be because we're so much alike -we both have our own ideas of how to do things and what the right way to do them is. I'll keep working to get along better and not become irritated with them.

My physical therapist came today. She gave me three exercises to do three times a day every day. Most of today, however, was spent on paperwork. Lots of forms and authorizations to fill out. She'll be coming twice a week for the next three weeks and then once a week for a while.
I need someone to force me to get off my butt and exercise.

I've really gotten hooked reading my Uncle's blog http://mysteryscribe.blogspot.com/ His fictional stories are truly entertaining. I've found myself checking his site two or three times a day for the newest installment of his current story. We used to have a photo challenge the "Great Photo Shootout" but we both have been busy with our own little projects. I hope in the near future to start back with it. It was a lot of fun.

well it's about time for the news here and time for bed too. It's the last night I'll get to sleep with Sue until she returns from Greece. I find after twenty years it's really hard to sleep without her by my side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home