Sunday, June 11, 2006

< .
View My Stats

What A Weekend - So Far

Tufted Titmouse



Photographed 6/06



This little guy has the same hair style I had this morning,

On Friday I was so looking forward to this weekend. I had finally gotten over the vaccine thing and was feeling pretty good. I left early for my dialysis treatment in hopes of getting home a little sooner so I could get dinner started. Little did I know a string of mishaps and disappointments was about to befall me.

Less than a quarter of a mile from the center a nother driver turned left right in front of me causind an accident. Not the way to start my weekend. Luckily no one was injured. Just about $ 5,000 of damage to my Pathfinder. I had to sit out in the sun for over an hour waiting for the police to come and fill out the reports.(temps in the 90's)
Tufted Titmouse II




Photographed 6/06



I am now late for my dialysis. I'm not going to get out early to fix dinner, as a matter of fact Sue will be home before me. The other driver got two citations. The only solace I got from this whole experience - he was driving a Jag.

After leaving the clinic a little past 7 pm and getting home it was time to call my insurance company for the phone hassel (45 minutes) and his company's call still awaits me. (called today - only 35 minutes). I still have to go get the estimate for the repairs and then take it back when they can do the job. I've got to line up a rental too for the days mine will be in the shop.

After eating dinner, I check the phone messages and find out my Monday doctor's appointment has been cancled (been trying for a month to see him - this is my kidney doctor). They knew I was at dialysis even if I was home on time, it would be too late to get back to them. Oh, he has an office at the clinic.

Originally I was excited because I was getting ready for an arts & craft show next weekend. It ras gojng to be my first attempt to see if I could sell any of my photography. I went today to the state park where the show was to be and found out it was a terrible site. It was down a dusty dirt road with no parking and very uneven ground, not a place for a person with artifical legs to be. So, still looking for a place. A little disappointing but, it gives me more time to prepare - I was rushing a bit to make this one.
Tufted Titmouse III



Photographed 6/06



Sue is here this week so I'm happy. She'll be gone for a a several days next Saturday and again the Monday after that.

Sorry to be so long winded tonight.

Regards to all,
Mark

9 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger Lisi said...

Mark, sorry to hear about the accident, but the good and important thing is that your health is getting better now...

btw, your hairstyle is pretty cool...;-)

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Nicola said...

Nice hairstyle! ;) Glad you didn't get hurt in the accident, but I know it's quite a hassle with all the paper work and then the car needing to be fixed.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Annie said...

The thing about wrecks is that they always blow the whole schedule!!!

It's good news that you are okay, bad news that the car is damaged. Good news too that you have these wonderful pictures but bad news that the venue turned out to be such a poor one.

I see some balance here, except in the hairstyle.

 
At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope to hell you at least totaled the jag...

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark, I had not been able to get online to comment, until now. I can't believe this wreck happened, but I'm so glad you are alright! What a hassel to go thru. Yes, I hope the Jag was totaled! Get a good rental car on their dime!

Love the hairdo!

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger wendela said...

Hey, Mark, sorry to hear about the accident, but happy to hear you're okay. Insurance dealings are a hassle! Wow, what a time you've had. Your photos will sell elsewhere. A site will come up! Hope you're having a good/better week. Keep a smile! :)

 
At 2:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to tell you how interesting your writings have been. I was up until 4am reading as many as I could. You are amazing, you have been through so much.
Arrietta

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger Ggraph said...

anonmous,
Thanks for reading but, just trying to survive this.

Regards,
Mark

 
At 5:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if anyone is reading the comments on this blog....

I got an email from Mark's father emory university hospital called Marks has a kidney and waiting. What is going on at this moment I do not know. Please Pray for Mark to whatever god you believe in.... At this moment his Family and I'm sure friends aren't particular what god that is.

Just pray that someone watches over My nephew and friend Mark Gurkin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home