Wednesday, May 24, 2006

< .
View My Stats

The Climb

Mt Yonah




Photographed 5/06


Life can be like a struggle to climb to the summit of a mountain. As you get closer to your goal the climb becomes steeper and more difficult. This is how I feel every day now. There are lots of people on my team helping me but, I'm not sure I've got the heart to make that climb. I will not give up but, not so sure I'll make it'

I'm still working on reading your blogs and making some progress in that direction. I read six this morning and it's just 5 AM here. Yeah, I'm having a little trouble sleeping - I'm missing Sue. I just e-mailed her to tell her that I & Miss Kitty love her and miss her.
Some Lilies From Our Front Yard



Photographed 5/06



The lilies are for Sue. Of course. I put one half dead plant under our front window five years ago and it's come back stronger every year since. This year it's got more than 70 blooms on it! I'll have to get a full photo of it for you soon. Until then be well and keep climbing the tops not far away.
Regards,
Mark

2 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you have the support of family and friends, you never make the climb alone. You can do it bec of the love that is shared. Dig in your heels and take one more step...smile...again and again.
Sue's Lillies are beautiful! I have some like this but the tree and ivy cover them now and I can't get to them to transplant due to all the poison ivy. I envy your green thumb!!

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Nicola said...

Today your post has two lovely stories I really like!!!

I love the hill as a symbol for your journey! Keep looking for the top of the hill and take each step one at a time!

And I love what you said about the flower - imagine, it was nearly gone and it took all its strength together and now has so many new flowers! Keep thinking of that in your dark hours, maybe it helps...

My best wishes to you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home