Wednesday, May 24, 2006

< .
View My Stats

Faith

Faith



Photographed 5/06




Faith, some people have it - some people don't - others have it in varying degrees. Still others in different things. Where is your faith placed? In a God, in your self, perhaps in mankind itself or nature.

I guess I have a dual faith. A faith in God although it may be beginning to wavier a bit and a faith in myself. I don't know if there is a simple correct path to follow. I wish there was a clear answer to this question.

Health wise, I'm still slowly improving. My hand seems to be healing ever so slowly although it remains somewhat painful. My dialysis "cleaning" numbers have gotten better over the last few reports. I no longer am using a walker at all and at times walking (ever so carefully) without a cane in the house. The pain in my hip and knee are gone. I just have to work on improving my strength and stamina now.

I think we'll try to grill out this weekend. I was thinking about bar-b-q baby back ribs and roasted sweet corn in the husk, with watermelon for dessert. It's been a while since we've done ribs, they should be good.

Sue returned home safely late last night. Her flight was delayed an hour and a half due to weather. She'll be home until the middle of June, then it's a couple more trips for her. It's so nice to have her home again.
Lily

Photographed 5/06

This is the one lily I planted from an almost dead plant five years ago. The photo shows about 2/3 of the plant. It seems to come bigger every year. It's close enough to the house that the deer don't bother it. I wish it were so with some of our other plants. Sue planted a beautiful water hyacinth in our little puddle one evening. The deer really enjoyed it. There was nothing left the next morning.

Regards to all.

Mark

8 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger Lisi said...

the lily is lovely and it's good to hear that things are turning to the better for you...have a good weekend ;-)

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Nicola said...

Best wishes for you weekend from here as well!

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Annie said...

About faith - I think it is more interesting to just observe what is happening at the moment, any moment, rather than have faith that any particular thing will happen or continue to happen.

But then I guess I do have faith in my husband, that he will be constant and funny, because he's proven over time to be consistently so.

Best wishes to you.

 
At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too have faith, not that something specific will happen or not happen, but that whatever happens I will be able to deal with it, to respond in a manner fitting. I no longer try to control every situation in my path, but rather see what happens and make a conscious choice of what I will do about it. I have hope, that of course everything will work out well but my faith allows me to handle it. My patience plays a big part as well.

I am so happy to hear of your progress and that you are feeling well. The climb is slow, but the outcomes are great.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Ggraph said...

lisi, Thanks for the comment. Hope you have a great weekend as well,

Nicola, Thanks for coming by and your thoughts. I'm always encouraged by them.

annie, thank you for stopping in. Yes, I think faith can take many forms and we each view in our own way.

Karen, as always, thank you for your good wishes. I hope you haven't been all work and no play this weekend. Relax some tomorrow and enjoy the day!

Thanks all,
Mark

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Gudl said...

Hi Mark,
you don't know me yet, but I visited your site before. I am a strong believer in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. What other people wrote before is called "New Age Faith"...where people pick and chose what they like to believe and have faith in. The picture you posted is a bible, is it? I would recommend to read it. I don't say that in a demanding way, just as a recommendation. I was in a deep crisis a few years ago and somebody said that to me, too, and I must say, it changed my life. You might wonder why God allows this to happen to you, your sickness, but very often only in desperate situations do we find God in our lives. Ultimately that is the reason why we live. To find God, to love God and to serve God (through our neigbor). Please give the word of God a chance. Start with the gospel of John and let God speak to you. If you really search for God, you will find HIM. And it will help you in your daily live. There is much more I could write about faith, if you want,email me cdgagudl@frontiernet.net
In the meantime, I will pray for you. For strength and patience, for peace in your heart, that you will find Jesus as your Lord and Savior, for healing.
Best wishes and with Christ's Love,
Gudrun

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger Ggraph said...

gudl,
Thank you for your prayersand inspirational comment.

On the book, it's not a Bible but The "Life of Jeasus Christ" printed in 1895 w/ author's inscription in French to the Archbishop who gave it to my wife's Great Grandmother. It was passed to us after she passed away six years ago. It's a beautiful book with very nice colorplates.

Regards,
Mark
Pax vobiscum

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Gudl said...

Hi Mark,
interesting... sorry I did not have a closer look at the book, now I saw it that it is about the life of Jesus Christ.
I love Jesus. And I know he loves me ... and you.... YOu might wonder again, how can this be love. But even God's own son, Jesus, suffered in his lifetime.
Through suffering we come closer to God. It is a mystery. And I admit it is not fun. But we have to see this all in the view of eternity. Do you understand what I mean? You are in my daily prayers now.
Peace be with you, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home