Wednesday, March 07, 2007

< .
View My Stats

OUT OF THE DARKNES



Photographed - 3/07




To my friends, if you still stop by to read - THANK YOU! It has been some time since I last wrote anything here but now that I'm starting to regain my sight, I plan to have regular entries again.

Most of you may not know bot about three months ago I had a vision episode I wish never again to repeat. One day several months ago I fell asleep during a dialysis treatment. Upon wakening it was vry painful to open my eyes and when I did so my vision was a little blurry. I thought they might have dried me out just too much. Drops cleared things up and took care of most of the blur,

That night everything seemed fine but the next morning I had the same trouble and even greater pain upon opening my eyes, They were both blood red and my vision was quite poor. I had been fighting an infection before this and feared it had somehow moved into my eyes.

I made an appointment with an eye doctor for a couple of days later ( the soonest I could get in). By then my sight had improved and most of the redness had vanished. I was told maybe it was the dialysis or my eyes were overworked and tired. Use a tear drop solution like "Natural Tears" to help and things should be better.

That sounded great but it didn't work. I was at my regular doctor a few days later and this problem had flared up again. When he saw it he thought eye infection and sent me that afternoon back to the eye doctor so he could see the rediness. The eye guy sent me down the hall to see a cornea doctor who happened to be in the office that day.

She was very good and found the source of the trouble straight away. There was no infection, which was good news. The bad news was my eyes had dried out for some reason to the point that when I opened them the outer layers of my corneas were stuck to my eyelids. When I opened my eyes I was tearinr off the outer layers of my cornea thus the blurr and vision decrease.

It got so bad that I could not see to read, write or even watch TV. My sight went from 20/30 to 20/400+ That's legally blind and it stayed like that until just days ago. With lots of medicine and a protective contact lens my vision is slowly returning/ 20/70 at my last check last week. I go back later today and am hope fo the best.

So for the past three months plus my life has been at a standstill, no blogging, no work on my web, no photography business ( I was just starting to get some sales)
not much of anything.

So now I hope things will get back on track. More thoughys and feelings on these past few months later. I've got so much to catch-up on.

Mark

The picture is we think a Painted Bunting (my first in what seems like forever)

7 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, Blogger Pat said...

Ohhhh, Mark! {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and you don't even know me. But I've just come from Annie's blog and then read your profile and then this post and my heart goes out to you.

My husband was on dialysis for 3 1/2 years and I was his caregiver but he had many other things wrong so he was never on the transplant list.

I do hope that I might follow your blog and send you a hug every so often! :)

Is your dialysis hemodialysis? That's what I did for Jack. At first he didn't want me to do it. He said, "Hey! You've been needling me for nearly 40 years! I don't want you to "needle" me anymore!" but he then realized it would be best if the same person did it so I was the one to do it.

I'm rambling on but wanted so much to touch base with you.

I love your photo today too.

Pat



Pat's Photos and
Guelph Daily Photo

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How I am happy to read you again and see your always nice pictures. I was missing them. I send you a big hug from France !

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Ggraph said...

Pat,
Thanks for stopping b. It's really touching to get encouragement from someone who knows what it's like to deal with this. I am on hemo now after an infection from an operation degraded my CCPD & CAPD capabilities.

I've been on some type of dialysis since Nov of 2005. It seems like a lifetime ago that I started.

You have some interesting sites. I registered for the PHOTO CAFE and hope to visit often. It looks like a great site.

Mark


leonor,

Thanks for the hug. I really needed it. My eyes still get tired fairly quickly heese days, so I will not post to my blog as often as I would like to but I'm very happy to see someone still reads it.

Your site has such beautiful works that you created it puts my attempts at photography to shame! I wish I had that kind of talent.

Mark

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger talj said...

Dear Mark,

I have found your blog through my friend Pat and I am so pleased she wrote and pointed me here. You have such wonderful photos here in your blog and your story so far is heart wrenching. I hope and pray that when you return for your next eye test your vision will be back at its best!

I will be adding you to my links and will be popping back often to check how you are doing.

With love and hugs,

Natalya

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Annie said...

I've been asked that age old question, "which would you rather be, blind or deaf?" I've always answered "neither, but if I have to choose, deaf". You reminded me of how much one would lose if one couldn't see. I'm glad you have regained vision. Welcome back, Mark. It's good to hear your voice again. Thanks for coming by my blog.

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice surprise to see a new bird photo! It was wonderful to hear from you.
Jamie

 
At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark, what can I say....I've missed you and am so glad you're back. I pray that your eyes continue to improve and that you become stronger with all these wonderful friends around you!

Keep these posts coming!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home