Saturday, February 18, 2006

< .
View My Stats

Missing You

The Altered and Colorized Image














The Original B&W photograph - Minolta X-700 135mm macro

I'm feeling very lonely tonight. I didn't have my normal dinner conversation with Sue this evening and I miss that. Yes, Mom and Dad are here but, it's just not the same.

Sue had some trouble at the airport today. Her keys fell out her jacket pocket and they were lost. She had to fly to Greece without them. Hopefully someone will find them and turn them in. If not I'll have to go take her the extra set of car keys and have new house and work keys made. It's not the way she wanted to start a trip but, you can't let it get to you.

I've got a slight temperature after having dialysis today. I hope it passes and is not some type of infection. I really can't/don't to deal with that kind of thing right now. It just seems that when I make a little progress I get kicked back down two steps. It's really beginning to get old!

Been on ebay again looking for old sterling flatware for Sue. I found some forks tonight and won the bid on them all four for less than $20 - not a bad deal. I need to get out everything we have and really determine what else we need to have a serviceable set.

In the morning I think we'll have some country ham biscuits That'll be a real treat for me. I don't get ham biscuits very often maybe three or four times a year. Mom really makes great biscuits too. My mouth is already beginning to water just thinking about them.

I may go get the kitchen chairs tomorrow if the store is open on Sunday. I can't remember if it is or not. I'll have to call to check - just another thing to add to the list.

It's going to be so hard to sleep tonight. Sue being gone is one thing and this low grade fever just doesn't help matters either. I took some Tyelnol earlier and it lessened the temperature some. It's still at 99 degrees and I feel warm.

I got into a discussion atnthe Porter's member's message board about the artistic value of an image as compared to a techically perfect photograph. I think what I was trying to say may have been misunderstood by some members. Here's an excerpt I didn't mean to step on any toes. I was just saying I am not as technical in my approach and don't have as much knowledge and background as you and other members do in that area. Therefore I could not be as helpful in that aspect as other nembers might be. I do however feel I can make justified comments concerning content, composition and impact. The artistic values that an image might project. This is my background. I've always used photography as a tool to produce an artistic image. While a technically perfect photo is the ultimate goal of all photographers a slightly less than perfect photo can still be used to produce an acceptable if not excellent artistic image. Would the image be better with the technically correct photo as a base? Perhaps - Yes but not always The artistic approach lends itself to some element of trial and error or experimentation rather than strict guidelines. I hope this explains my views to everyone. I not saying that a technically superior photograph cannot be artistic in its own rights but you can also have a superior photograph that is uninteresting and of little visual impact too. So, I strive for a balance of the two, hoping to produce the most technically correct and visually stimulating image possible.

And More:
Everyone takes the vision of what they see. it's what the camera does for us. On some photos I do nothing more than crop and resize for posting too. On others I heavily process them changing them from photos into what I would call artistic images. One is not better than the other. It's just diffrent. I like to explore both avenues to aquire a final result. One that I like and hopefully others may too.

I'm sure you've seen examples of both avenues from me on this blog and at my web site.
http://photolife.4t.com/ .

So, which type photo or image, maybe one that shows both. Which is better? My answer - Both appeal to me, just in diffrent ways I don't see one as superior or better, just diffrent. Everyone ho looks sees something diffrent too. Some may no like either. Some will like both. still others may like one over the other for their own reasons. It's a process with no rules, rights, or wrongs as I see it. Thanks for reading - let me know what you think about the matter. Comment or e-mail me.

1 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger Kris said...

Ham biscuit ? sounds interesting ,,is it possible to get the recipe from your mom ?..me, like to try new recipes ;)

about other topic ..i think the professionals who own "superior" cameras and equipment they would want to capture the best image without any additional touch up etc. To others like me, who only got a entry-level camera , i rely heavily on softwares which enhance the images..Personally , both types are Good ..as long as it interpret the photographers ideas :))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home