Sunday, March 25, 2007

< .
View My Stats

Miss Kitty UPDATE



This is an update on Miss Kitty. As some of you know, Miss Kitty our 20 year old child-like friend has been a very sick little cat for almost a month now. We had taken her to the vet several times this month and they were stumped. They felt she had some type of infection but coulg figure out what it was. They knew it was some sort of kidnry infection because of her numbers from her blood work so they were treating with a broad spectrum of antibotics.

Friday evening a e-mail from our local Pets Mart informed us, we had purchased some of the pet food tainted with rat posion.

Ms Kitty, being the people-food lover she is only ingested a few dinners of the food so only got very very sick and did not die. She goes to the vet daily to have her kidneys flushed out (like a kitty dialysis). This wed. she'll get blood work done to see how effective the treatment has been. She has suffered both kidney and liver damage from this. She seems much better today and is eating again. I guess time will tell.

I'm not sure I like this "new" blogger. The other day I had written a long reply to several of your comments and when I tried to post it Blogger ate it and hasn't spit it back out yet. Sorry your replies have been delayed. I type so slow now it's hard for ne to rewrite everything but I'll try to get at it tomorrow.


ALL the photo of Miss Kitty are from last year. She wanted me to wait until she looked and felt better before posing in front of the camera again.

Thanks for reading.
-Mark


































6 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger Gudl said...

I am sorry to hear that Miss Kitty got ill because of the bad cat food. We had some of the tainted dog food at home! Luckily our dog did not get sick!
It is sad that your cat got so old and almost died now because of poisened food! We lost our kitty last year because of a liver tumor. She was only 14 years old but we all were very sad. You just love your animals so much, too!
All the best for Miss Kitty (and you!) Have a good Sunday.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Poor, poor Miss Kitty. She's the only one I know of who ate the bad pet food. Thank goodness she liked and ate people food enough that her intake of the contaminated stuff was limited. I hope she is feeling better and better and better.

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do hope miss kitty does well now that they have a handle on her problem. Way too many businesses are blinded by their bottom line. They tend to forget the suffering their persuit of the quick buck can cause.

I have a feeling this one is going to find out. I don't know anyone who is going to be sympathetic to these guys if it comes down to negligence. Most of us love our animals like family members.

You have a pretty good idea how our family views family I hope. All the best for you and your family charlie

 
At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark, I am also sorry to hear that Ms Kitty became sick, but so glad that you caught it before tragedy struck, as has happened with so many who have eaten this food. I lost Abbey due to kidney failure at age 12 and still miss her. Pls keep us posted on Ms Kitty's progress!

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Ggraph said...

gudi, Thanks for you prayers, I think they were heard. It's very nice to hear from you again and hope all is well with you.
-Mark

Annie, Thanks too. It's always good to hear from youand see your blog. You do such a great job with Little Rock. I can't believe threr was so much we didn't see there! Take care and keep up the good work.
-Mark

Charlie, Thanks for everything. You know I wouldn't be doing this if it weren;t for you. Someday I finish Berg & Sarah's adventure too. Hope you all are doing OK
-Mark


Karen, No I still haven't taken any pics with it yet but did get the SD card so now I'm ready. E-mail about other things. (The job & camera stuff) PS like your pick with the boys - I hadn't seen it.
-Mark

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger misskitty said...

I have a cat named Miss Kitty, too. She was just diagnosed a week and a half ago with kidney failure. That's how I found your Miss Kitty. I started a blog about my Miss Kitty also. I am so sorry that it was from the food problem. I found that unforgivable that a company could let that happen and hurt so many innocent animals. I hope Miss Kitty recovers. I know what it's like going day by day. Miss Kitty is lucky to have you. Hang in there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home