Tuesday, March 13, 2007

< .
View My Stats

What's On My Mind






Photogaphed 3/07





What’s on my mind…. I don’t really have much to say tonight. I just wanted to get back into the habit of posting on a regular basis.

I did say I didn’t much to say but that didn’t mean I had nothing important to relay to you. While I’ve been writing thps blog I’ve made many friends who have followed along and encouraged me. I thank all of you. It’s been your kind words and thoughts that have brightened my day and helped me carry on.
I want to say hello to a new and very special friend, Pat.

Pat wrote to me the other night and shared her story with me. Pat knows first-hand what it’s like to have ESRD from the point of view of a caregiver. You’ll note I said CAREGIVER not CARE-TAKER that’s because it takes such a special person to give this kind of care. My wife,Sue is this person for me. Pat was this person for her husband Jack.

Now, Pat has reached out to me to share her story and let me use her as another sounding-board for my thoughts and feelings. I am grateful that people such as Pat and Susan exist. I am very grateful for all of you who have written me or read my story.

I have met others who suffer the same fate as I and hope to continue to keep in touch with them although that’s been hard lately given the circumstances on my end. I hope they will not give up.

--- Mark
PS - Photo for today. The bird is some sort of sparrow I think. I have not been able to find it in my books. Any ideas?

5 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger Annie said...

I'm not a birder so I can't say what kind of sparrow this is. But I can echo that it's nice to build community via the blogging world. I'm glad you've made the acqaintance of Pat and Natalya too.

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger Pat said...

Awww... Mark, you're so sweet. Thanks!

Are your dialysis trips on Tues., Thurs. and Sat? I was trying to remember but I think I forgot.

I've been so busy. We're moving the Photography-Cafe to a new webhoster and what a lot of work.

But you haven't been forgotten. I just want you to know that. I just wish I lived closer and poor Sue would be given lots of hugs from me.

Are you having any problems with your food? Oh, the double boiling of potatoes to remove the potassium and no bananas. I bought Jack an ice crusher and that seemed to help him when he was thirsty. We'd crush up one ice cube and he's suck the little chips.

Mark, it's 2:30 am and I just wanted you and Sue to know that I'm sitting up here in Canada and I think of you almost every hour.

I'll be back.

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger Pat said...

Mark, I forgot to say... If you post that bird photo on Photography Cafe, there will be some on there who will know the answer so quickly. We have lots of birders on the site.

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger Anna Ridley said...

Hi Mark,

I'm another from the Photography Cafe, and have been pointed to your blog by my dear friend Pat.

I have been immensely moved by your blog; your photos and your words have brought so much emotion to me. Thank you for sharing your story, and for your continuing brave and positive outlook.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know you - and will be adding your blog to my links and checking back lots!

Anna

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Gudl said...

Hi Mark,
I just wanted to say 'hello'.
Good to see that you are blogging again!
Man, this bogging thing is contageous! My whole family (almost) has a blog now. Kind of interesting.
Yours was one of the first ones I visited. You always have great pics.
I think I need a better lense. My bird pics. are not so good.
I am glad to read that you are feeling a little better and that you can see better. Thank God!
All the best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home